Sunday, May 4, 2008

Caterpillar... Or Centipede?


Several posts ago... goodness knows when... I was talking about trying out a caterpillar binding. Took me two nights to complete the stitching. The more I look at it the more it looks like a centipede to me. Heh...


T'was an easy binding to do. It looks complicated at first but the diagrams in the book was quite easy to follow, more or less. It's not very secure, the sections are quite loose which I don't like, I think I'll use it more for a decorative binding then anything else. Just need to remember to slacken the tension when hitting the spine part or else risk the covers not being able to close properly.


I like how organic this book looks... The Thai green handmade paper with the skeleton leaves really hit the spot and the green end sheets with the gold leaves print came from India. I just love paper...

1 comment:

Love to hear any feedbacks so I can keep on improving my work...

Interested?

Contact me at rzyunos@gmail.com