Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name

So far I like this painting of mine, it was sold and bought but the owner couldn't take it with them at that time and left it with a friend of theirs. I went over to that friend's place and they were saying they don't know what to do with it as they were moving house. I said I'll just keep it at my place then since it is my painting, just different owners. I rather hang on to it and know it'll be safe with me than to have the poor thing stuffed up somewhere in a store room.


So it currently hanging in my studio, I took down the black and white banana skin and spring charcoal morphed drawing I did from back in art school foundation, and hung up the rose. It' s about 4 feet by 3 feet, using acrylic paints. I like the bronze contract of the background to the rose, I'm trying to figure out how else to paint using metallic colours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear any feedbacks so I can keep on improving my work...

Interested?

Contact me at rzyunos@gmail.com