My book block. I like how decorative the sewing pattern is on the spine that's holding the ribbon down. I've prepared the boards for the covers last night, and the metal tooling front it's going to have. I'm making this book for my fiance, he's in the background. He's been asking for it since the beginning of the year so he could use it for work, ok so I'm about 3 weeks late with this one.
I'm doing a case binding. The last time I did this was back in uni, that was what, a decade ago. Eep! And I remembered it didn't take as long. Maybe because there wasn't alot of factors to worry about.
This book got lined pages and watermark logos. It will be cased in mock black leather with an embossed logo on the front in silver metal. I'm not sure how the book is going to turn out in the end. It looked good in my head, but I made the metal tooling a tad too big (well, alot too big) but I decided to just go with it anyway because I spent all afternoon and evening doing the tooling.
I had to redo the cutting of the boards twice because the first ones didn't have enough overhang. I was trying to be economical with the boards... and several more cuts because the boards weren't squaring up.
Hopefully today I'll be able to do the cover and you never know, actually case in the book. It's going to be nervewrecking that part because that's the moment if you screw it up, the book is screwed. Hence why I'm taking my time doing this book.
So far so good.