Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Little Journals


As part of building up my stock I made these fat little journals. I used 80gsm paper as pages for the books in various colours and each book is about 200 pages thick, apart from the one on the far left of the picture, that I turned into a mini photo album. They're all about 1.2 inches x 4 inches x 6 inches or 3cm x 10cm by 15cm.

The materials I used were small pieces of left overs which are too big to just throw away and too small for the regular sized books. I even managed to scrounged enough for another little book from the dragonflies albums leftovers! Plus the binding method I used are easy and a couple of them are experimental bindings as well, like the rainbow exposed spine, using the glitter red and green thread, I did what I did cos I wasn't too happy with my button hole binding and I already made the cover for it, and it came out great! Will definitely do more of that binding, and maybe more experimenting, never know what else I can come up with.

The mini photo album came along cos the cover was originally for the rainbow pages. But when I put them together it didn't look so great, and made the silver cover instead. With a cover to spare I used up the leftover black card stock paper I had lying around and with an experimental binding I had used before on one of the little pink journals, and it looks really striking.

The pink and white is also a favourite using embossed paper. It's just so pretty don't you think? I'm trying out a bigger version using the same paper to see how it goes, great paper but hell to glue up. Also I had to be ever so careful putting this cover together because it was white I had to be careful not to get it dirty.

Two of them are booked already, just waiting for their owners to pick them up. Gotta make more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear any feedbacks so I can keep on improving my work...

Interested?

Contact me at rzyunos@gmail.com