Monday, September 15, 2008

Work In Progress

One of my painting moments, can't seem to get the colours right... Maybe it's to do with the fact that I'm only using 4 different tubes of paints. Still working on the values of the light and dark. But that's on hold cos I got this to work on...

Mini ketupats! They're about an inch wide each using the 1/4 inch satin cloth ribbons. Need about 200 of them, almost there, other components prepared already, just waiting for the stamp, quotes and cookies left. Big assembly this weekend. More later on what they're for...

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a lot of weaving! What’s inside?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditionally they're made out of 'leaves' and you put rice grains in them and cook, instant food with biodegradable packaging!

    These ones I made are purely decorative so they're just empty casing :-p you can stuff them with cotton wool so they'll keep their shape.

    I planned on putting up a post on the many variety in terms of shapes for these guys and a brief background history behind them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear any feedbacks so I can keep on improving my work...

Interested?

Contact me at rzyunos@gmail.com