Saturday, December 3, 2011

Buku Hantaran: Pop Up Purple & Silver

This is a tale about a last minute order, swallowing my ego and learning new things... And it goes like this...

I got an email one late saturday night, did I know about it, no, I was more concerned with not being at the hospital in time when one of my favourite aunt passed away.

Sunday morning after the funeral, my husband asked if I got the email. Um, no... Apparently, one of his work colleague texted him asking if I got her email that she sent last night. So using my cell phone I checked my mail.

An order for an engagement folder required 6 days later, of course by the time I read it, folder needed in 5 days. I could've said no, but it was because she wanted a pop up that I said yes to. I've been waiting for when someone was going to ask me for a pop up engagement folder and now someone have.
     
 Silver & purple engagement folder

Since she gave me her number, it was easier to call to discuss. She wanted purple and silver, but she wanted to see what sort of purple I was going to use. I don't know, it depends on what I have in my stash which I wouldn't be able to check until I get home, and since it was a last minute order, being fussy right now was not an option as far as I was concerned. But she still insisted and was very particular about her purple. So I said to her "Tell you what, why don't you look for the purple you wanted, and get it to me by tomorrow."

And she did.

What I didn't anticipate was when I received the materials (she passed them through my husband) a mix roll of fabric, crepe paper and florist paper, was the diagrammatic instructions!

What the...?!?! Yeah, my ego sulked for a while. Then I got over it and started working.

Close up of pop up flower

I did the best what I could with the materials not having used them before, I discovered a few things with how to use them to how I want them to behave, so that's a plus point. And overall I am pretty pleased how it turned out. Added on the blings and flowers to jazz it up to suit the occasion and I was done.

More pictures of the folder can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear any feedbacks so I can keep on improving my work...

Interested?

Contact me at rzyunos@gmail.com